The Ontario Environment Network is an incorporated Ontario not-for-profit organization that works to enable and enhance the work of its members to protect, conserve, restore and promote a clean, healthy, sustainable environment for present and future generations.
The network facilitates cooperation amongst its members and others through initiatives that include newsletters, conference calls, webinars, workshops, and other activities.
We are also an affiliate of the Canadian Environmental Network (RCEN), we share information with them and other provincial organizations on national and international issues.
Board of Directors
The Ontario Environment Network is a democratic organization whose Board is elected by the membership at the Annual General Meeting. The Board is responsible to and takes action on behalf of the membership between meetings. Please see the Bylaw for a complete description.
The Board and the OEN Executive (role shown in brackets):
- Alex Keenan, RCEN, (President)
- Robert Patrick, Coalition on the Niagara Escarpment (Vice-president)
- Aleks Spasevski, P.O.W.E.R. Halton, (Treasurer)
- Gurneet Dhaliwal, Canadian Youth Biodiversity Network (Secretary)
- Chantal Garneau, P.O.W.E.R. Halton
- Lucy Bain, Sierra Club of Canada
- Leslie Adams, Sierra Club of Canada
The current board was elected on the 24th of November, 2021.
Bylaws and Policies
Below are the current bylaws for the OEN adopted on Nov 25, 2020 and which consolidate numerous past policy commitments. Policies developed in the future will be similarly incorporated and/or posted below.
The objects for which the corporation is incorporated are:
The corporation shall preserve the environment by:
- facilitating communications and cooperation among organizations concerned with the preservation of the environment ;
- conducting education and research into environmental matters and disseminating the results of such research by means including conferences, seminars, printed material and educational programmes to organizations concerned with the preservation of the environment and the community at large.